Saturday, July 9, 2016

Whats Going On?

Blogging on a Saturday morning when it's cool and sun isn't powerful.  It's been a scorcher here in NY. But the way the country has been going crazy, I think the heat is only part of the problem.

Killings this week across the South.  I hate to watch the news or even look at my Facebook or Twitter. I know that there is a Higher Power in charge but wonder if He/She isn't someplace cooler on vacation.

I'm not a fan of guns, and have never even held one in my hand.  Wouldn't let my kids have toy guns, either. The thought of pointing a lethal weapon at another human being scares the you-know-what out of me.  It's senseless--is it anger and fear that is precipitating all this violence?.  "I don't know you, therefore I'm going to shoot you dead".  It is so impersonal to pick up a piece of metal and pull a trigger.  Then so many families and neighborhoods are devastated forever.

Perhaps, no, not just perhaps, but certainly we must know each other.  We must look our fellow humans in the eye and ask them who they are.  What do you believe in?  What makes you happy/sad/mad.  Dialogue:  Talk:  Open up:  Get human:  Put down your fears:  What are we waiting for?

I am saddened-so much pain and fear.  I choose love today.  I will walk in mindfulness for those who are affected by the madness in the South and all over our world.  Who will walk with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment