Friday, October 1, 2010

Connections

Our son just got engaged to a wonderful woman. They both live in Southern California but were raised in the Northeast-she's from Massachusetts and he is from New York.

How they found each other on the West Coast is easy-friend of a friend! They have similar interests--working out, enhancing their business and personal lives and enjoying being outside!
I cried when I saw the proposal on You Tube and know that we are never too far away from each other, even though we're on opposite ends of the continent. With God's grace and the help of friends, family and maturity, they should be together for a long time!

It isn't supposed to be a mystery that we humans connect. We are attracted to each other, be it male-female, male-male, female-female. We enjoy socializing and sharing common interests. Some say that we find our "soul mates" that we were searching for through many lives. Maybe we were together with these souls in past lives? This time, we are going to get it right! If the relationship is honest, open, loving and equally shared, there is a recipe for success. We are not meant to be alone. We, as humans, need each other. (Cue in Barbra Streisand "People, people who need people are the luckiest.....") I know that I am a people person. I also love my alone time. Then I go back to my human connection and share what I found during my alone time!

I connect with you through my blog. I love my Face Book pals. Just a line or two and we're in sync. I can email my cousins, filling them in on the latest in the family. I can ooh and aah over new baby pictures. I can ask that they look into a new program I'm having and spread the word to their friends. It's networking with the click of a button.

No matter what - we are all connected. In so many ways and through so many venues. There is even the telephone!!!

Blessings on you as we move into Autumn--the orange month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment