Monday, January 10, 2011

Mindful Day

January is here ten days now and I'm finally getting to my Blog to kick off the new year of 2011. We spent 9 days in sunny Florida, some with my 88 year old Dad.
Florida has a nice appeal when the snow is pelting the Northeast and other parts of the USA. Weather has been so spooky--global warming needs an exorcist and our earth needs lots of prayers.

We enjoyed being in the sunshine, walking the Gulfshore beaches and eating out every night. We stayed mostly with Dad but looked around for our own digs. Just looked!
Visited a few friends that became full-time Floridians and that was lovely. I know that I really am not ready for full-time retirement--The "R" word! I know that my ministry will be a life-long journey and love it.

I see the aging American and Europeans down there and enjoying life to the fullest. I didn't see a lot of wheelchairs or walkers. The old folks(I'm talking octogenarians) are really vital and healthy. We enjoyed going to a Warm Mineral Springs one day. I've been there and had a massage this time. Bruce had been in mineral springs 17 years ago in the Azores but I could tell he wasn't quite sure of this adventure. Most participants were Russian or Poles, Italians and more. It was fun floating around the lake hearing all the different conversations echo off the water. The bodies were of all sizes and shapes and, thankfully, clothed in bathing attire. We felt that was one of the highlights of our time in sunny Florida.

A nice way of re-entry was to take a "Mindful" day yesterday. I didn't think of the 15 things that needed my immediate attention like get my reading glasses fixed at Costco! It took me about 1/2 hour after rising to just say "Just Be today". I breathed, slowed down, let go, set a beautiful fire and lay down on my couch with Marvin, our cat. He missed us! It was freeing and delicious.

A Mindful day recharges me. I remember what is important and what isn't. I live in the moment, which is all we have, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment