Monday, October 7, 2013

NOTICING X 2

A fond farewell to our gorgeous summer!  But wait--it's October and the thermostat is registering 77 and more each day.  The air is crisp in the morning but warms up in mid-day.  I'm seeing lots of folks running and on their bikes, enjoying the beautiful Fall here on Long Island.

The birds are eating everything I put out for them in their feeders daily. Do they know that this winter is going to be a doozie?  Squirrels are getting fat and the Canada Geese are honking away on the lake.  Fall brings on the "diving ducks", skillful in holding their breaths as they pluck up the algae on the bottom.  Montauk Daisies abound inbetween the fall mums left over from years back, prolific and hearty despite being neglected.  The white daisies pop out and get your attention as if to say--last look at blooming flowers!  Catch me while you can!

Noticing the bluest skies and loveliest feathery clouds. I found a cloud-bird flying over a sunrise one morning while going over the bridge to the beach.
On facebook, someone posted a cloud-dog.  Seemed impossible but those dog people on facebook can conjure up some interesting pictures!

Noticing that shops are putting out Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff together.   The Big Three-how the thought of all of them together gives me anxiety. 

Back in Spiritual Counseling class each month.  The tourists in New York are dressed like they are at the beach.  I'm in my basic Manhattan Black.  Noticing that I need to put some color in my wardrobe.  Black and Orange?

Noticing as I grow older that I want to google, read, listen and absorb as much as possible.  I'm turning into an information junkie.  Unfortunately, I remember about half of it! 

Noticing that I could go on like this for days, so----DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment